|NGS continues to expand programs for its genealogy society, library, archive, and museum members following the merger in 2020 with the Federation of Genealogical Societies. In 2021, NGS introduced the Focus on Societies and SLAM! features to the NGS conference. These now occur on the first day of the conference, Tuesday, before the traditional multi-track speaker sessions that run from Wednesday through Saturday and which also include luncheon events, evening events, and Expo Hall hours. Prior to the merger, the day before the speaker sessions launched was given over to tours run by the local host society and possibly a daylong workshop or two.
So, this year you will notice that there is a lot happening on Tuesday, May 24th. Don’t forget to consider some of the events below when registering and making your travel plans. If you do arrive on Monday to participate in one or more of the Tuesday events, remember that conference check-in and registration will be available in the Convention Center from 3 to 8 p.m. on Monday. All the Tuesday events below will end in time for you to attend the welcome reception and grand opening of the Expo Hall from 6:30 to 8:30 p,m. on Tuesday.
Events Happening on Tuesday, May 24th
1) BCG Education Fund Workshop–Putting Skills to Work. $120 Registration required. See page 4 of the program brochure for details
2) Four Local Tours (see the program brochure pages 4 and 5 for full details)
Mother Lode Wine Experience 9:30 to 4:00 p.m. $80 (lunch included)
Old Sacramento Walking Tour 9:30 to 1:30 p.m. $47 (lunch included)
Capitol Mall Genealogy Research Tour 9:00 to 12:00 p.m. $20
Gold Discovery Tour 9:30 to 4:00 p.m. $85 (lunch included)
3) Delegate Council Meeting. Delegates from NGS member organizations meet in the morning. Delegates or substitutes only.
4) Focus on Societies. A series of talks and a luncheon for society leaders and volunteers in the afternoon. $100. Separate Registration is required.
5) SLAM! Idea Showcase, Reception, and Expo Hall Opening (cash bar).
When you are ready to Register head to the Registration Website. Remember that Early Bird Registration ends Friday, March 18th.